Friday, August 11, 2006

D*!^ smokers!

So one morning as I am leaving my apartment to bike to campus, I look back at the patio area and see the patio gate spread open. So I rush over to try to figure out what happened. That's when I notice the cigarette butts.


Top and bottom apartment pic

Since no one in my apartment, myself included, smokes, I concluded it had to have been the upstairs apartment who dumped it down into the wood chips right smack down in front of our patio gate.


Spent cigarettes fallen from heaven?

Yech. Also, since none of us left the door wide open, it had to have been one of the smokers who had opened our patio door, which I felt was an invasion of privacy. I was irritated, and a little alarmed that a smoker would throw cigarettes down into highly flammable material, so later after taking pictures and biking to work, I called one of my housemates. She agreed that we should speak to our upstairs neighbors.


Spent cigarettes, most of them circled

A day later, we worked up the courage to speak to the upstairs people. One guy came to the door when we rang their doorbell. He said, "Oh, none of us smoke." Inwardly, I was like, yeah right. Then he said, "Oh, one of our temporary renters smokes. We'll tell her not to drop the butts off the balcony." Of course, this didn't mean any of them would bother cleaning up the mess. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home